We are a leading supplier of gaming machines and digital content to land based venues, server-based gaming networks and online & mobile casinos. As a member of the major German Group, we are able to draw upon the tremendous resources within the group to offer the highest quality product backed by the financial strength and stability of one of the largest privately owned gaming companies in the world. Key customers include Sky, William Hill, Inspired Gaming, 888, Bet 365 and other leading online gaming operators. We are currently recruiting a Senior Network and Systems Administrator to join our support team. You will be required to demonstrate a high degree of technical ability to deliver 1st class support for a variety of technologies and applications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Windows Desktop & Server support (Windows 10 & Server 2012+)
- Assisting with technology planning
- Testing applications for environmental compatibility
- Maintaining and updating systems and databases
- Liaise with vendors to resolve equipment issues
- Network Monitoring
Implementation, configuration, and troubleshooting:
- Watchguard firewalls (XTM/UTM)
- Active Directory
- VMware vSphere
- Load balancers (F5 LTMs, Kemp)
- IP routing and switching
- Monitoring platform such as Zabbix/Splunk
- VPNs (IPSEC client and site-to-site)
- Storage networks (fibre channel zoning)
- Hands-on technical experience of networking and network security
- A strong understanding of Microsoft technologies (Windows Server, Active Directory, IIS, SQL)
- Ability to apply sound troubleshooting methodology to isolate and resolve root cause of reported issues
- Experience of architecting and managing production environments across Physical, Virtualised and Cloud technologies
- Experience of implementing and troubleshooting VPN clients and site-to-site VPN connections
- Experience implementing fibre networking
- Experience of implementing and troubleshooting layer7 technologies
- Experience of implementing and troubleshooting firewall configurations (ASA/XTM)
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP.
- Advanced understanding of IOS, VLAN, STP, BGP, routing and switches technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with great attention to detail.
- 3+ years in a similar role
- Industry qualifications such as MCSE desirable
- Technical certification (CCNA / Watchguard / another vendor)
- Experience of Windows and SQL Clustering.
- Experience of hosting web applications across a wide variety of Webserver and Database technologies.
- Experience with AWS technologies
- PowerShell scripting or other versatile scripting language is desirable
- Advanced Linux knowledge/experience
- Splunk Experience
Due to 24/7 operation, candidate must be willing to be available for out of hours support.
Think you have what it takes to join our fast paced and exciting industry? Then we welcome your application.
Please direct your CV to Adam Shepherd firstname.lastname@example.org
The personal data in your application will be used for the sole purpose of filling the job role. We do not keep the CV on our system therefore in the event of unsuccessful application, the information provided by you will be permanently deleted.